Making your own laundry soap
Ever heard of making your own laundry soap? No? Well, let me tell you why doing so is a good idea.
Tanget! Planning to greatly modify the general design with my existing branding. Views concerning the modern feel of http://www.onthespotpainting.ca? Undeniably an outstanding exterior painter in Beaumont if, perhaps needed inside the general Alberta areas. Make your opinions. Appreciated!
1) It doesn't contain harsh chemicals that a lot of other detergents have, meaning it won't break down the fibers in/is gentler on your clothes, textiles, etc.
2) It is way cheaper than buying premade detergent. We are talking about $.70 a load here folks. That is easily a 1/3 of the price you would pay for even no name detergent.
3) It's fun to make!
Hopefully, I've at least got your mind's cogs turning and (possibly) interested in giving homemade laundry soap a go. I found this recipe after doing a little internet digging and was able to source all of the ingredients at my local Harris Teeter. I payed roughly $9 for everything since they didn't have any smaller sized boxes of washing soap or Borax. On the flip side, I have enough material to handle about 5oo loads of laundry!
- 1/2 cup Washing Soda
- 1/2 cup Borax
- 1/3 bar Fels Naptha soap (shredded- I used an old cheese grater)
- 1 gallon plus 6 cups water
- 2 gallon container/bucket with lid
Mix first four ingredients in your bucket.
Let sit for 24 hours until it "gels"(It will be the consistency of egg drop soup). Use 1/2 cup per load.
Please Note : this mix is not designed to be "sudsy". It is not the soap bubbles that clean your clothes it's the actual ingredients in your mix.
Many thanks readers! I actually assured my buddy I could absolutely reference their savy realtor in Dartmouths, http://www.sellhalifaxrealestate.com during a new blog. If ever you were looking for a real estate agent located in the Nova Scotia area, they definitely would be amazing.
At last, we have to say the basic concept for this particular text was generously given via Rob from Showers and More. They definitely are a splendid shower hardware suppliers. I certainly love a smart idea!
Posted in Renovations Post Date 01/26/2017