Calgary Deck Builder & Fences
Dougco Renovations is a trusted Calgary deck builder supplying wood and composite construction in Calgary. We offer affordable solutions for pressure-treated, cedar wood and composite. We can design and build the product that fits your vision and budget.
Which Deck Materials Should You Choose?
When deciding upon a deck material, you need to consider your total investment – in dollars and upkeep time. Ideally you might prefer composite over pressure-treated wood but does your budget allow for the fact it’s twice the price? You might prefer cedar over pressure-treated lumber but are you prepared to stain it every year? Your Calgary deck builder can help you decide which material work best for you.
HERE IS A GUIDELINE TO CHOOSE YOUR DECK MATERIAL:
Composite Decks – cost more but they stand the test of time and are easy to keep clean. If you want a longer-lasting, virtually maintenance free deck, we recommend investing in composite deck. Costs 30-50% more in material than wood decks.
Pressure-treated Wood Decks & Fences –are the lowest cost material for building decks and fences. It can be left unpainted but looks better painted. Pressure-treated wood cannot be painted immediately after construction. It must cure for a number of weeks before painting. If you are particular, you may end up repainting every 2 years.
Cedar Decks – are not that much more than pressure-treated but have a nicer look. It might cost 15% more, however, staining is faster and easier than painting pressure-treated wood. Overall it offers a nice look for a longer time.
Deck Aluminum Railing Systems – We purchase our railing systems from Home-Rail, a local manufacturer with a great selection of railings. You can visit their website or showroom to select railing products that will best suit your needs and design style.
THE DOUGCO ADVANTAGE:
- LICENSED & INSURED– Licensed and insured, reducing liability risks.
- TRUSTWORTHY – Our reputation is important: We want to earn your trust!
- RELIABLE – We don’t start another job until yours is done.
- AFFORDABLE – Our low markup pricing strategy makes us competitive.
- EXPERIENCED – An experienced contractor works your job.
- COST-CONSCIOUS – We keep within your budget.
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY – Workmanship guaranteed for one year
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD – Read what people say about our work.
- PRIDE OF WORKMANSHIP– View our photos on Houzz to see workmanship.